(We love getting excellent feedback like this! Take a read over what consultant Jennifer G has to say here. Send us your comments and we’ll periodically highlight them like we’ve done here:)
This most recent issue of your blog was excellent, and I found that I had comments in most every section, so an email may work better. For context, I’m a 3MM, Diamond Medallion with 300K MQMs already this year, and Platinum status with both Marriott and Starwood, so here goes…
– On the re-vamped business class seats, can’t wait to see it. I flew a triple 7 and I have to tell you that take off and landing feel strange when you facing almost sideways. [Note from Chris: Hate to disappoint, but the new seats are for 747’s only. Those side/rear facing 777 seats are not going away any time soon.]
– Starbucks Via – YES! Love it…I could have used it when I stayed at Le Meridien and had to wait 25 minutes for a coffee pot to be delivered to my room. At that point I was ready to walk out the door to go to work.
– Full body scanners – thanks for the tip about opting for a pat down. I had the scan performed once, and really would prefer not to have to do that again. I find that anytime I wear a loose fitting skirt that I get the pat down – I think that’s a bit discriminatory, but who am I anyway?
– Virgin America to Atlanta – YES! I love that airline. Since I work in California, I have flown them numerous times from SFO to LAS, and I would certainly try them on an ATL – SFO/LAX flight if they come here.
– Paid parking in Atlanta – can’t wait to get rid of the tickets.
– Hotel check in, select your room – kudos for that option. I agree with you that more should offer it. I can’t tell you how many times I get in late at night on a Sunday and get stuck a mile away from the elevator (and on the freeway side of a hotel too!)
– Delta’s new home page – hate it. I have to make more clicks now to do what was easy before. It looks nice, but I’d prefer the expediency of the old look.
– Clear – I had a 3 year membership that I got about 4 months out of. I’d love to have it back again in Atlanta, and will let them know.
And one other topic not mentioned but should be: Sky Club renovations. I recently visited the new club at LAX, and I have to say it is NICE. More spaces to work and a self serve bar. Lots of lounging area with what I call “quiet chairs”. I’d need a picture to explain. Anyway, I noticed the ATL B25 club getting a facelift tonight, and I’m excited about the changes.
Thanks as always for an informative and witty read for my long-haul flights.