A few months ago, frequent flyers were in their winter of discontent when a record number of flights were delayed or canceled due to winter storms.
Just because the weather is warming up does not mean that we are immune to the problem. Summer thunderstorms and the hurricane season can wreak similar havoc on business travel plans.
This month CNN invited me out to the airport to talk about how travelers can best deal with delays and cancellations.
Watch the video (BELOW) to learn more about these seven tips:
1) Book the first flight of the day
2) Learn to live out of a carry on bag
3) Be sure airline has your updated contact info
4) Use apps like FlightStats, FlightAware and HotelTonight if stranded
5) Buy day pass to airline airport club
6) Don’t stand in line! Get online or on the phone instead
7) Know when to ask for a FULL REFUND!
Please take a watch for my tips and advice! How do YOU handle (or avoid) delays? Please leave your comments below!