TravelSkills’ 12 most popular posts over the last week (descending order)… plus a few newsy nuggets we missed.
1. Giving up on JFK: United shifts p.s. flights to Newark; leaves JFK
2. The good and the bad: 6 reasons why now is travel’s golden age
3. More better transcons: Airlines quickly fill JFK vacuum
4. Or which one is slowest: Which airline flies the fastest?
5. While the economy’s humming, they keep coming: New routes: Dallas, Orlando, SFO, Atlanta, LAX, Houston
6. Not a speck! World’s cleanest airlines are Asian
7. An Asian capital without nonstops from US: You can’t get there from here
8. What a deal! How to get free airport parking
9. So-long Barbie jets: Bigger, better jets for Alaska, United
10. Airline collusion? Discipline: A secret airline code word?
11. No need to buy new bags after all: As expected: Airline bag size proposal flops
12. Still festering: Delta’s Love Field fight down to the wire
The San Francisco Aviation Museum has raided its ample stores to put on a fabulous exhibition of kitschy, colorful airline memorabilia from the 1950s to the 1980s at SFO’s International Terminal, Level 3 (pre-security). Don’t miss it! Details (and more photos!) here.
Juicy nuggets of news from other sources that we missed on TravelSkills this week:
>Korean Air confirmed to TravelSkills that it has temporarily switched from daily A380s on Seoul-ATL to just 3x per week A380 & 4x per week B777 (Trip Report)
NOTE: Be sure to click here to see all recent TravelSkills posts about: Free airport parking? + Fastest airlines + CLEAR goes cardless + Cool gasoline price heat map + More!
This month’s TravelSkills sponsor is InsureMyTrip.com!