We squeeze on planes, meet with clients, miss our families, eat and drink too much and don’t sleep enough. But despite the hardships, our business trips pay us back. Big time.
Aries Residence Suites, which provides accommodations in booming oil & gas regions, created an interesting infographic to show just how much value we derive from our peripatetic lives.
Some interesting nuggets from the infographic below?
- Business trips comprise just 16% of all long distance trips in the US– but that’s a very lucrative 16%!
- Only 7% of business trips are over 1,000 miles long– more evidence that there are a lot more business trips spent in car seats than in plane seats
- 77% of business travelers are male. No surprise there!
- 40% of prospective customers become ongoing customers after a person-to-person meeting. Just 16% convert without that face-to-face contact
- Our business trips throw off $35 billion in taxes!