TravelSkills’ 12 most popular posts over the last week (descending order)… plus a few newsy nuggets we missed.
1. Stay tuned for our next post about the food: Trip Report: The SWISS “Roche coach” to Zurich
2. Economy’s humming so they keep coming: New routes: Dallas, Orlando, SFO, Atlanta, LAX, Houston
3. Chris back on CNN: Don’t make these mistakes in San Francisco (VIDEO)
4. Our secret TripAdvisor workaround: Can you still trust hotel review sites?
5. It’s not that bad out there, is it? 6 reasons why now is travel’s golden age
6. The baby bus is super cute. Seen it? Planespotting 101: Airbus A320 family differences
7. Paris was burning this week: Taxi drivers burn Uber cars in France (VIDEO)
8. Mysterious occurrences: Will your next flight get hacked?
9. This one played well on SFgate: Which nationality steals most from hotels?
10: But does it really need one? Atlanta airport to get half-billion dollar facelift
11. Update: Delta got a reprieve Delta’s Love Field fight down to the wire
12. IHG adds some cool tech touches: Just speak into your watch
Quote of the week:
Regarding the recent carry-on bag brouhaha, Virgin America CEO David Cush said, “We give away the most valuable space on the airplane—the overhead bin—and we charge for the least expensive space — in the belly.” Nonetheless, Virgin is unlikely to change its policy.
Juicy nuggets of news from other sources that we missed on TravelSkills this week:
Don’t have time for a river cruise? Then enjoy a six-minute, time-lapse video of a two-week Amsterdam-Budapest cruise: video
Do you need travel insurance? Probably! Start your search for the right plan at InsureMyTrip.com!